• Forums
  • TEXA IDC5
  • does TEXA support all the functions PACCAR ESA does for the cab cecu?

does TEXA support all the functions PACCAR ESA does for the cab cecu?

Jan 10, 2020 - 5:39 PM

Viewed 3467 times

• Like the title states, can you update, reprogram and control all the functions that the ESA program for PACCAR does when you are using the TEXA program?

• @kevinnagel You will never find an aftermarket tool that does 100% of what the OEM software does. With that said, TEXA and Cojali get closer then anyone.

Also note that you can NOT purchase PACCAR ESA software from PACCAR. The copies you see floating around the Internet are bootleg/pirated copies and older versions.

For TEXA on PACCAR cab ECUs, you can do the following:
    ~ Clear Codes
    ~ Read Codes
    ~ Reprogram the Cab ECU with a VIN #
    ~ Perform Cluster Test
    ~ Perform specific gauge tests (Fuel, Pressure, Temperature, & Voltage)

The TEXA kits that come from Diesel Laptops also include repair information on all Cab ECU fault codes, along with wiring diagrams.

I hope that helps!

• Can you test chassis nodes and flash the control unit and program parameters with TEXA? I am really leaning toward buying the TEXA system but I need to know if I can control and diagnosis cab instrument panels and gauges along with chassis nodes on PACCAR (KW and Pete) trucks. The rest of TEXA sounds like what I need for Cummins and CAT but I still want to be able to work with the cab chassis with out taking to a dealer for a gauge issue.

Please let me know if TEXA will do all of this or not and I will probably be buying
    Thanks!

• @kevinnagel Yes, you can control the guages and run some tests. However, you are going to be limited to what a dealer can do compared to ESA. However, PACCAR doesn't sell ESA to the public. The tool also has a 30-day money back guarantee, so you essentially have 30 days to try it on as much equipment as you'd like to see the value it provides.

• hi but PACCAR doesn't sell ESA? that's for sure ?

Thank you Artur,manager https://www.worktime.com/

This post was edited May 25, 2021 12:30PM
  • For TEXA on PACCAR cab ECUs, you can do the following:

• Clear Codes
    • Read Codes
    • Reprogram the Cab ECU with a VIN #
    • Perform Cluster Test
    • Perform specific gauge tests (Fuel, Pressure, Temperature, & Voltage)